Janowski’s Southside Cole Slaw
I’m in a Southside state of mind
* Half a cabbage - coarsely chopped
* 1 or 2 green onions (scallions) sliced
* 2 tablespoons apple cider or red wine vinegar
* 3/4 cup mayonnaise (or plain yogurt)
* 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon dill
* 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
* 2 teaspoons honey
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 2 teaspoons raw or brown sugar
* 1 teaspoon Dijon or Creole mustard
* A couple of shots of McIlhenny’s Tabasco to taste. I need my hot sauce.
* Optional: a Granny Smith apple shredded ( if you use apple - mix it with the vinegar from above in a small bowl so it doesn’t oxidize).
Place cabbage in large bowl. Add onion to cabbage. Mix vinegar, mayonnaise, honey, mustard, Tabasco, and apple together. Set aside. Just before serving add dressing to chopped cabbage. Then season with salt, pepper, and dill to taste.